The Christmas Season is one of my favorite times of year right up there with beach season (is that even a season? It should be). Buying Christmas decor can get CRAZY expensive if you’re not careful. We love finding ways to save on Christmas decor and wanted to share a super easy project that you can do too!
This season, in our new home I’ve had to get really creative in order to spread the holiday magic throughout this larger home. I wanted to bring a big impact to our kitchen islands without making a huge dent in my wallet. Want to see how I made all four of these for only $10 a piece?
Gather Materials for Christmas Chair Decor
- 4 Evergreen Christmas Sprays (you want these to be flat so that your ornament lays against it)
- 1 Large Berry and Pinecone Spray
- 1 roll of Plaid Ribbon
- Large Ornament (I used sleighs found at the Target Dollar spot for $5 a piece)
- Floral Wire ( I did not need any but you might)
Hobby Lobby has a huge selection of holiday floral items. I was able to buy 4 Christmas sprays and a large berry pinecone spray for $10. If you cannot find these sleighs anymore you can use any large ornament. Home Goods has a great selection of snowflakes, snowmen, and more. Just make sure they are about 4 inches tall so they make a big impact.
How to make the Christmas Chair Decor
- Attach the evergreen spray to the back of the sled or ornament. You can use floral wire or the string from the ornament.
- Bend the stem of the spray away from the ornament as much as possible. You want to make a “hook” type shape.
- Spread out the spray to your liking.
- Attach the berries using floral wire or the wire from the spray itself.
- Attach a pinecone from the spray. If your spray didn’t come with pinecones, you can use a regular pinecone and attach it with hot glue or floral wire.
- Flip your sled over and finish it off with a plaid bow.
- Move the floral pieces around to make it look full and fluff up your bow.
- Then simply hook it over the back of the chair.
And that’s it. For less than $10 a chair you can make these easy Christmas Chair Decorations and make a huge impact in your dining space! Just remember you don’t have to spend a ton of money to make beautiful seasonal decor! Check out how my Mom made these incredibly inexpensive swags for her windows with materials from the dollar store.