Disclosure: This is a sponsored post I was compensated by Kirkland’s however all opinions are 100% mine.
A few months ago my husband and I decided we really needed some sort of bedside tables. We have not owned “real” bedside tables since we lived in Germany over 10 years ago.
We started searching …. and when I say searching I mean SEARCHING! We literally went to every second hand store and furniture store in the Nashville area. We found quite a few at furniture stores but they all started at about $600.
And then we gave up the search. I just couldn’t find anything I loved that was in our budget. I did not want to spend any more than $300 per side table. PERIOD. I was ready to just give up and go back to my make shift night tables when we went to our favorite shopping center and stopped by one of my go-to favorite stores Kirkland’s!
Why in the world did I not think about Kirklands the day of our bed side table hunt? Not only have I bought many accent tables from them, I always seem to find a great deal. Oh, and I had been dying to get mirrored tables but they were always out of my budget.
But not this time! These were not only in my budget they were far under my budget. We got these on sale … major sale and purchased them both for under $300.
Now you know my go to place for accent tables. But Kirkland’s is also my go to place for a few other things.
LAMPS, ART WORK and MIRRORS! They have the greatest deals and the best selection.
This piece of art is one I got years ago and I still love it. The colors work perfectly with the new distressed rusted mirror I scored… ON SALE TOO!!!!
I got this piece of art a few days ago for $6.00! Can you believe it? And it goes so well with the other piece of art I bought years ago. I also picked up this super sophisticated Potted White Orchid Arrangement and remote control candles.
Next time you are near a Kirkland’s stop in and check out all of the essentials for styling a bedside table. You will likely score some deals.
For tips on styling a bedside table keep on scrolling.
Keys to Selecting a Bedside Table
- Pick out a Bedside table style that fits your personality
- Make sure it has things like drawers or shelves for storage
- Purchase a table that is the same height as your mattress.
- Make sure the table surface is large enough to hold at least a lamp, books and a few accessories
ALL ITEMS AVAILABLE AT KIRKLANDS.Com
Keys to Styling a Bedside Table
- Select items that are consistent with the style of the table you choose. If it’s a modern table you will want modern accessories
- Choose a variety of art or mirrors in different sizes and layer them for a visually appealing affect
- Add books or magazines to each table
- Choose a lamp that gives off enough light, that is proportional to the table size and that fits the style of your vignette
- Add in ambiance like candles, a jewelry dish with jewels, a bottle of lotion or massage oils
- An essential accessory that can be real or faux… ADD PLANTS ( I used both real and faux for our tables and they really add to the energy of the room)
- Lastly have fun. Play around with your arrangement and don’t be afraid to bring things home and return things if they don’t work out. (I ALWAYS DO)
Let’s keep the conversation going…..tell me your tips and tricks!
A lady after my own heart! I purchased mirrored side tables from Kirkland’s online but I did buy the more expensive ones. I think it was about $600 for both. I also have the same lamps with the silver finish! I had not thought of adding an additional mirror above the table along with a picture leaning against it. Love the idea along with the faux flowers. Thanks for sharing!
Lesley @Chaotically Creative says
You are so welcome. I have to admit I bought other mirrors and they were just too much with the mirrored night stands. Adding mirrors with nice details really completed the look .Thanks for the compliments!