Being laid up for a few days is no fun especially if you are recovering from a procedure or an injury. We have put together a few helpful items from the Dollar Tree in a Speedy Recovery Basket. All these items, plus the basket were less than $15.00. Take it from someone who recently had sinus surgery and then fracture her elbow, these items were on my most wanted list! This pretty little basket of stuff would have been greatly appreciate by my husband who spend several days running around trying to collect them for me.
So what is in the basket and why?
- Moisturizing Socks which are useful and a cheery green color. Having dry heels and feet can be so uncomfortable, especially when you are uncomfortable somewhere else.
- A cute pack of tissue to carry around.
- Moisturizing Lip Balm. Lips get dry after surgery and it is nice to have a multi pack in case one gets dropped or lost in covers.
- Nail files.
- Mints are great to moisturize your month which gets very dry due to some pain meds.
- A simple bottle of water to take that first round of pain meds when you just don’t feel like getting up or maybe you are not quite steady on your feet.
- Crackers and Cookies are great to help with nausea as you need something light on the tummy
- Lotion or cream that is not strongly scented.
- Dental flossers are great to have when you only have use of one arm and cannot floss the regular way.
- Hand sanitizer
- Container. This bright green basket was chosen not only to contain the items, but to hold bits and pieces of trash, used tissues and so forth.
- And of course a little decoration of your choosing helps to brighten anyone’s day.
Just another key to calming the chaos from your friends at Chaotically Creative. What tips do you have for a Speedy Recovery? Until next time, a speedy recovery to all!