How long have you been blogging or entrepreneur? I’ve personally been blogging for over 5 years and a business owner for that long as well. I’ve seen many bloggers give up and walk away and many skyrocket to success.
But what makes some bloggers successful and others completely fail? Is there a secret formula to success?
The answer is “Yes”!
I have studied multiple successful bloggers and entrepreneurs (several who are close personal friends) and have figured out many of the things that make them so successful. Are you ready to crack open the vault?
The Secrets of Successful Bloggers & Entrepreneurs
- They wake up early. That’s right, I know for a fact many successful bloggers commit to waking up early to get things done. Putting in just 1 extra hour of uninterrupted work makes all the difference. I’ve been trying it myself every Saturday and Sunday and it’s greatly helping me achieve more.They say “No” often. I know this sounds harsh but saying no is imperative to accomplishing more and to staying on track to accomplishing your goals. With every request you have to ask yourself is this going to help me get to my end goal. If the answer is “no” it’s likely you need to answer “no”. Of course, there are always exceptions.
- They are consistent. My biggest challenge personally is being consistent. And not just in blogging, in all areas of my life. But what I do know is that when I have a plan being consistent is much easier. Successful bloggers have a consistent schedule to post, send newsletters, and share on social media and they stick to it.
- They plan ahead of time. Every successful blogger plans ahead. Guaranteed. I’ve found that the best method for planning my day is The Ivy Lee Method, you can read all about that here . Successful bloggers have clear paths to get to their end goal and only veer from the path if the plan needs adjusting for example if their results aren’t going as planned. They know how to stick to their plans and pivot when needed. If you are ready to start planning and get really focused this year purchase my blog planner below. It’s the system I personally use to grow my business. (since using it I’ve quadrupled my income!)
- They set goals and see them through. I never really knew how to set a goal. It was confusing and I didn’t know how to put into words what my goals were. I started reading more and more from successful bloggers to see how they set their goals and realized it was different for everyone. Nonetheless, they all set goals wrote them down (this is key) and followed a plan to achieve them. Everyone’s goals are going to look different and so is the route to achieve them and that’s ok! Set them anyway, make a plan and be consistent.
- They Ignore what others are doing. Are you constantly looking at other bloggers trying to figure out what they are doing? Do you spend a lot of time in Facebook groups reading posts, trying to figure out how to get ahead? Successful bloggers are NOT, They have their blinders on and their heads down focused on their goal. They have a plan and are consistently working through it without worrying about the next new thing or what others are doing.
- They continue to learn new things. Successful bloggers aren’t searching to figure out what others are doing, instead, they invest in quality blogging education and they use this education to set goals. For instance, if one of their goals is to substantially grow their email list, they will invest in a tried and true course with proven results. Why? Because it saves time to use great educational tools instead of spending months researching techniques online that may or may not work. My course What the Tech? A Guide to Your Technical Blogging Frustrations has helped nearly 1000 people learn the backend of their blogs and it’s helped them gain confidence to take control of their own businesses. Learn more about What the Tech? Here!
I know that these are just a few tips but I feel like they really are the most commonly shared habits amoung the successful. I am personally trying to implement all of them and hopefully one day I can come back and tell you that my success was directly related to these habits! What do you think? Have you tried any of these tips? Do you know any others?