In my never ending journey to figure out ways to decompress and to calm my chaos I have embraced one thing that I never thought was possible. Calming Chaos through Family Travel.
Yep I said it.
Family vacations use to be an anxiety producing, stress causing and annoying event. But not anymore. It is an absolute necessity in our family. I thank my husband for pushing me out of my comfort zone.
I have found that getting out of our house and being together at another location not only helped calm my husband and myself but the kids as well. Vacations are the number one source of family fun for our troop.
If you follow us on Facebook you may notice that we are out of town on travel almost every other weekend. Well, it’s true. For one my husband cannot sit still and I have learned to embrace his passion for travel. We may not travel far every time. In fact we often stay within Tennessee and hit up all the tourist attractions. I literally think we’ve seen everything in TN now. But no matter how far, we really try to go on adventures several times a month in order to escape our daily lives.
Are you thinking, How does traveling calm chaos?
I hear you, but let me take a moment to explain.
When we are at home I worry about….
- unfinished projects
- phones ringing
- kids bored
- Gavin running around the neighborhood
- Jude begging for a “friend to come over”
- My husband constantly on the phone or working on his computer
- Kids begging for me to play, and play, and play
When we are away…
- the room gets cleaned if we want it to
- we do fun things so the kids aren’t bored
- there are no distractions so the kids get our undivided attention
- there are no pets to take care of
- I don’t have to cook
- we are all nicer to each other because everyone is happy!
- fresh towels everyday, yippee no laundry for me
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.