Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Do you have pets? Do you have kids? Do you have both? Well then this is a post for you!
I will never forget the time when I painstakingly decorated our Christmas tree with the most beautiful ornaments one could buy!
I was so proud of that tree. I was beautiful. I went to be that evening with my heart full of joy and then crash.
No… not “crash” like something just fell… More like ” C R A S H, boom, screech”
You know that kind of noise. And I knew immediately that “they” had done it.
They had brought my tree… my beautiful tree. to the ground. Those little RASCALS.
And after that year I knew I would never own glass ornaments again. This is why I now decorated a Kid and Pet Friendly Christmas Tree.
I really try to calm the chaos by minimizing the amount of possible catastrophes that could occur. One way is by making our home kid and pet friendly.
It doesn’t take long for one to realize that glass ornaments don’t typically last long in a house with tiny humans or cats.
My cats have brought down my tree more times than I can count. And that is why I opt for the pet friendly Christmas decor.
No more broken glass to clean up.
For years I have really been loving the turqouise, red and silver Christmas tree decor. Now although I don’t have the turquoise ornaments myself it would be really easy to add them in to my red and white and silver decor.
Let’s look at how you could pull off this tree with all pet and child friendly ornaments.
1) Purchase soft non-breakable ornaments that are covered in fabric or thread.
2) Decorate with plastic figurine ornaments that resemble the look of high end glass.
3) Use a variety plastic ball ornaments in different colors, patterns and sizes.
4) Purchase ornaments that don’t have lots of buttons, or pieces like this owl. Children and pets can rip of parts of an ornament that can be swallowed and unsafe.
5) Decorate with soft ornaments. Hang ornaments up high that may have buttons or other parts that can be a hazard.
6) Choose soft ornaments that you can buy several of. These mittens are cute and perfectly harmless to a baby or animal.
7) Paper ornaments can be purchased or made easily and are safe to children and pets.
8) Felt ornaments are colorful, fun and safe for kids and pets as well. Use these throughout your tree for pops of color.
Below are several other child and pet safe Christmas Tree ornaments. I know they look like glass but they seriously aren’t !
9) Making your own ornaments out of safe materials like canvas, craft paint and evergreens are also another great alternative to glass ornaments.
60ct Shiny Silver Splendor Shatterproof Christmas Ball Ornaments 2.5″ (60mm)
Glitter Frosted Baby Blue Shatterproof Pine Cone Christmas Ornament 7″
60ct Matte Red Hot Shatterproof Christmas Ball Ornaments 2.5″ (60mm)
Vickerman 23564 – 6.25″ Baby Blue Glitter Snowflake Christmas Tree Ornament (12 pack) (M101532)
Pack of 4 Peppermint Twist Red and White Shatterproof Candy Christmas Ornaments 3.25″
Baby Blue Retro Reflector Shatterproof Christmas Ornament
Red Burlap Ruffled Tree Skirt 48″
What are your favorite Child and Pet Friendly Christmas Tree ideas? Tell us a funny story about your child or pet and your Christmas decor!