Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links.
Do you have pets? Do you have kids? Do you have both? Well then this is a post for you!
I will never forget the time when I painstakingly decorated our Christmas tree with the most beautiful ornaments one could buy!
I was so proud of that tree. I was beautiful. I went to be that evening with my heart full of joy and then crash.
No… not “crash” like something just fell… More like ” C R A S H, boom, screech”
You know that kind of noise. And I knew immediately that “they” had done it.
They had brought my tree… my beautiful tree. to the ground. Those little RASCALS.
And after that year I knew I would never own glass ornaments again. This is why I now decorated a Kid and Pet Friendly Christmas Tree.
It doesn’t take long for one to realize that glass ornaments don’t typically last long in a house with tiny humans or cats.
My cats have brought down my tree more times than I can count. And that is why I opt for the pet friendly Christmas decor.
No more broken glass to clean up.
For years I have really been loving the turqouise, red and silver Christmas tree decor. Now although I don’t have the turquoise ornaments myself it would be really easy to add them in to my red and white and silver decor.
1) Purchase soft non-breakable ornaments that are covered in fabric or thread.
5) Decorate with soft ornaments. Hang ornaments up high that may have buttons or other parts that can be a hazard.
7) Paper ornaments can be purchased or made easily and are safe to children and pets.
8) Felt ornaments are colorful, fun and safe for kids and pets as well. Use these throughout your tree for pops of color.
Below are several other child and pet safe Christmas Tree ornaments. I know they look like glass but they seriously aren’t !
9) Making your own ornaments out of safe materials like canvas, craft paint and evergreens are also another great alternative to glass ornaments.
What are your favorite Child and Pet Friendly Christmas Tree ideas? Tell us a funny story about your child or pet and your Christmas decor!