Tanya with My Fruitful Home is back with more ways to calm your financial chaos!
Host a Clothes Swapping Party
Do you have things in your closet that are not being used? Maybe they are too small or you just don’t care for the style anymore. Maybe you have purses that you no longer use. Whatever the reason there are several things you could do with them. You could have a garage sale, sell them on EBay or donate them to Goodwill. But there is another idea I bet you never considered. You could host a clothes swapping party! My mom’s church did this and I thought it was such a cool idea. I am planning to host one myself. Not only do you get to get rid of your items, but you just might get to take home a bag of things for yourself at no cost to you!
You may be wondering what is involved in hosting a clothes swapping party. I have come up with five tips on how to host a clothes swapping party.
1. Start making your list of who you want to attend. How many people do you want to invite? Think of people you know with different shapes and sizes. You want there to be something for everyone. Don’t forget to include accessories too!
2. Come up with a date that works for most people. If possible have it at the end of a season when people tend to clean out their closets.
3. Pick a place to have your clothes swap. You could have it in a church, someone’s house, or a club that someone belongs to. The possibilities are endless.
4. Come up with the rules for your party. How many items will they need to bring? How willthey trade? What kind of clothes and accessories will you accept?
5. Plan your set up. Do you want things folded neatly on tables? Do you want them hung up on a clothes rack? Do you want them categorized by size? How do you want the accessories displayed?
Here are some things you may want to include in your clothing swap:
- Full length mirrors
- A private room for them to try things on
- Snacks and drinks
- Clothes racks
- Bags for bringing things home.
Most of all have fun. This is a time for you and your friends to enjoy each other’s company and get some cool things for free!
You may also like the post on Four Great Place to save on Clothing and Accessories