For the past two days I have heard tons of banging and drilling and sanding. My nerves and anxiety are through the roof! But all of this noise is so gonna be worth it.
The boys bathroom is getting upgraded!
Now some of you may say, this bathroom looks fine. Why update it?
I’m gonna tell you why.
The boys are terrified of this bathroom.
Yep, SCARED to DEATH, to go in there.
Maybe I’ve spoiled them by exposing them to good design.
Maybe there’s something in there I don’t know about!
But chances are the bathroom is just so boring that it’s SCARY!
Look Jude even has to close his eyes to shield himself from the scary boringness!
But all kidding aside, besides being boring, builder’s grade and BLAH…
the boys bathroom had some functional issues.
Steps to Making A Shared Bathroom More Functional
- Additional sinks
- Cabinet height is appropriate for growing children
- Replace broken or cracked flooring to a durable non-slip tile
- Plenty of accessible storage
- Easy access to hand towels
- Light Fixtures that provide ample lighting
- Paint color that makes the bathroom feel clean but can hold up to a lot of “traffic”
- Step stools for young children if needed ( add non-slip to bottom of stool)
- Replace stained or broken toilet lids
A few more days and this bathroom will be fun and functional.
The boys will surely not be scared anymore!
Are your kids scared of a certain room?
What have you done to make it more friendly, functional and less scary?