Yep, the dog spot.
It’s where his dishes go and where we feed him but I really don’t like his stuff being there. Here’s why…
When he’s eating he blocks off the walkway in to the kitchen and he’s pretty much right under my feet.
Plus I have this whole thing about the food or water getting on our documents that I keep in the bins above.
His doggy placemat helps contain some of the mess but it has gotten completely worn out. So it’s time for a little move just across the doorway to this area. I created a whole doggy center for Cooper here. I’ll share that with you later this week. But for today let’s take a quick peek at his nasty doggy placemat. As cute as this mat is… truth be told it did not hold up very long. Also, now that I’m moving it over near the door it’s actually a little too large. I decided to customize it with some colorful drawer liner and markers. Keep reading to see my doggy placemat upcycle.
Items Needed for Doggy Placemat Upcycle:
- Old Pet Placemat
- Vinyl Shelf Liner
- Clear Contact Paper
- Paint Pins and Sharpies
How to Upcycle a Doggy Placemat:
1.Cut the placemat to desired size
2. Cover the old placemat with a peel and stick shelf liner (this one is from Walmart)
3. Use a credit card to smooth out the bubbles.
4. Figure out what words you want to write on your Placemat. I used Vinyl letters and traced them because I have horrible hand writing.
5. Trace around the vinyl letters and then peel them off. Feel in the rest of the letter to make it solid.
6. Trace the outside of each letter with a black Sharpie.
7. Cover the entire placemat with clear contact paper for a protective layer.
And now you have yourself a cute upcycled doggy placemat.