As the holiday season quickly approaches it’s time to make sure you have your holiday cards on track to get out on time. I’m right on target according to my own list below. How about you?
Tips for Getting Your Holiday Cards Sent On Time
- Mid September if you are getting professional photos done now is the time to do it. Photographers often have an average of a 4 week turn around so get in as soon as you can. It still may be hot outside but try to dress in fall/winter outfits in order to get your winter look going for your cards. It’s torture, I know but it will be worth it.
- Mid October If you are not getting pro photos taken, then take this time to photograph your own. Crop them, brighten them up and then put them in a file on your computer desktop for easy access when you are ready to create your card.
- End of October Browse through card designs on Minted.com that coordinate or correspond with the look of your photographs.
- End of November Create three mock-ups of your absolute Holiday Card designs. You can take screenshots of the finished cards to show your spouse or anyone you want to help you finalize your design. (you guys helped me tremendously)
- December Get your cards ordered. Minted.com is super fast! I ordered mine and got them in two days. If you haven’t ordered yet there’s still time.
- First Week of December Double check and make sure you have all your friends and families most current addresses so you don’t have to scramble at the last minute. Get into the post office before it gets slammed and get your stamps.
- First week of December Address all of your envelopes and stamp them or take the easy way out like me and address them during the card design process.
- Second week of December Send out your beautifully designed Minted.com cards.
- Mid December Pat yourself on the back for getting your cards out on time.
Whether you’ve stuck to this schedule to get your Christmas Cards out on time or not Minted.com is the place to shop. Head over and check out all their cards and personalized gifts, their fast shipping allows you to shop almost up until the last minute! Enjoy!