This past weekend I went to my friend Jenna’s house for a visit. We got to talking about blogging and stuff! In noticed sitting on her counter that she had my one of our favorite products sitting out. We have used bar keeper’s friend to remove scratches from white dishes and Jenna used it to remove rust from an rusted chair here. Bar Keepers Friend has come to the rescue many times in our house. Today was no exception… you see Gavin my 12 year old (almost 13…tear) unloads the dishwasher. And the problem with that is that no matter how the dishes look the still get unloaded put away. So today when I pulled out not one, not two but 3 knives and they were covered in rust… I was SURPRISED! Not because Gavin put them away in this state but because we literally just bought these less than a month ago.
How to Clean Rusted Stainless Steel Knives
- Sprinkle a small amount of Bar Keeper’s Friend on the stainless steel knife
- Using a dish brush use the bristles to scrub the lose rust
- Flip the brush over and use the scraper to remove the tough stains
- Rinse repeatedly use dish soap if desired
- Dry off with a soft cloth
Read all about how to remove scratches from dishes HERE