So I may be kind-of crafty, but I must admit I DO NOT like to cook. Every single night I take that dreaded walk to the refrigerator and try to muster something up that might be half way edible. I’ve tried many things…
- Meal planning
- Trying New Recipes from various sources
- Pre-cooking meals
- Crock Pot Cooking
And the fact still remains, I HATE to Cook. There are many reasons for this. I tend to overcook things, undercook things, burn them, over season, under season, I don’t like handling raw meat, cooking bores me, etc. etc. etc.
I have found out that I am good at cooking a few things and therefore my family has not starved yet. Phew, I know you guys were worried, Right? I can cook things that meet these minimum requirements:
- Few Ingredients
- Basic Ingredients (something that I would normally buy or keep in my home)
- Easy instructions (I mean like super easy like stir, pour, mix)
- Requires no fancy kitchen equipment ( I only own the bare essentials like pots and pans etc.) seriously sad, I know
- Requires few steps or processes, the fewer the better
- Doesn’t require a lot of prep time or prep work
Here’s how you make my Super Simple Supper recipe
1. Place chicken breast on platter, put a chunk of cream cheese in the middle of each chicken breast, sprinkle with bacon bits and jalapenos (subtract jalapenos for the kiddos)
2. Roll chicken breast up tightly, sprinkle bread crumbs all over
3. Place in pan seam down
4. Cook on 400ish until it’s done
Sorry about the non-specifics of #4 but my oven is way off in the temperature department. I have to do a lot of guess work when cooking.
Serve with your favorite sides and there you have it a Super Simple Supper.
It’s Your Turn Now!!!
Now it’s your turn to share. I really want to have as many people as possible submit simple recipes in order to create a free online cookbook that we can all access here on ChaoticallyCreative.com. However, I need your help because cooking is not my department.
What I would like you to do is email us at email@example.com with a Super Simple Supper Recipe and at least one picture of that food prepared. The less complicated the better. Please include your name and credit to where you found the recipe. You may also include a picture of yourself if you would like it featured on your recipe. If you are a blogger you may leave a link to your blog in that email. I will edit all pictures and watermark them with the ChaoticallyCreative.com logo.
Just remember the goal of this is to come up with really easy recipes for all of us busy moms that might not really love the idea of cooking.Please share this with your friends on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. You can use the button at the top of the page to help spread the word. Thanks for you help.
I honestly really need your help, my family needs to eat!!!