Almost 2 years ago I helped my long time friend add some finishing touches to her nursery. Our inspiration was her Full Circle Bedding by Land of Nod. As always I was looking for ways to incorporate inexpensive decor throughout the room that is kid friendly and fun. I found some pictures of fabric framed in embroidery hoops and it sparked the idea of creating a 3-d collage of painted hoops.Please excuse the pictures they were taken long before the thought of blogging ever entered my mind.
This project was super easy.Get ready.
- Buy a variety of Embroidery hoops use the side without the metal clip
- Paint the hoops with whatever craft paint you prefer
- Let Dry, Flip Over, Paint all exposed areas, Let Dry again
- Arrange the circles into a pattern that you like
- Use hot glue to secure the hoops together
- Nail to the wall with a small nail
That was it. Just as simple as that and here is the final product…..
Here is the coordinating cozy corner I created for this room notice that we carried the circle theme with the lanterns hanging from above.